Citizen's Coalition for Democratization
Candidates With A Contract is a non-partisan political reform program started in November, 2016 by Citizen's Coalition for Democratization, a California 501(c)(4) non-profit social welfare organization, founded in San Diego county by Scott Ferguson in July, 2016.
Our primary objectives and purposes are:
- To get private money out of politics by providing a platform for candidates for public office in the form of a contract, and
- To promote democratization in the United States, generally.
We seek to accomplish these goals in several ways:
- Sponsoring and participating in public seminars and debates;
- Giving interviews on radio, television, and social media;
- Providing grants to organizations with similar goals;
- Directly lobbying elected officials and candidates for public office to sign the contract;
- Recruiting qualified citizens to sign the contract and run for office;
- Supporting the campaigns of candidates who have signed the contract;* and
- Indirect lobbying of elected officials and candidates through grassroots efforts.
*Direct support for candidates is limited to the provision of a page on our site that candidates can update themselves.
Board of Directors
July 2016 - July 2017: Statement of Activities
July 2016 - July 2017: Statement of Financial Position